Ok, I searched and searched - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2005, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 54616
Send a message via ICQ to JT_Law Send a message via AIM to JT_Law Send a message via MSN to JT_Law Send a message via Yahoo to JT_Law
Ok, I searched and searched

Now I gotta break down, ask, put up wit the bs, and sort the real answers outa the crap that i'll no doubt catch for asking anything

Will soon be aquiring a 90XJ. GF's old DD, she is gettin a ZJ, and I have a 98XJ to use for DD/Tow rig.

The 90's gonna need engine help, having been once heated to siezeup then fired up with no smoking after cooled off, and a solution to the clunk under left foot on bumps in left turns thing soon, but I have all winter for that as it is going to be a trail rig only.

Just to get by over the winter while I save up for a "real" lift I am thinking about 2 or 3" lift using spacers and blocks with some trimming so I can get 31's under it. It has 30's now with no lift (GF's DD lol), but I want to move the 30's to my DD and stick my new 31's in.

Will 2" do the trick or should I go 3"?
If 3" then do I need a CV or a t-case drop? Shocks & Brake Lines?

Any tips on installing and/or machining blocks and spacers? (I have a cnc shop)

Again, this is just to get it thru the winter while I work up $ for a 3.5 or 4.5RE

The only thing I don't like about her rig is that selectrac (selecrap) t-case, I like the 231 in my 98 better

Anyway,now that ya'll have something to laugh about while pointing fingers thanks in advance for the real tips,

So tell me, who pissed in [i]your[/i] gene pool?
JT_Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
nights end here

Member # 35217
just wait and do it right the first time. or cut the fenders, fit 31s then lift it and fit 35s
James Firearm and Palmetto State Defense
01/03 and 07/SOT
FlexCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links