Just drowned my tj and need some help!!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 62975
Just drowned my tj and need some help!!!!!

Hey guys I tried to cross a puddle on one of my local trails that I hit all the time only to find out that all of the rain we just got made it a lot deeper I filled the engine but after getting my rig out i pulled the plugs and cranked all of the h20 out gotter running and got home. after changing the oil and all fluids I tried to get the check engine light to go off with a code reader but it keeps coming back on. it is the one that says that the voltage at the tps and map sensors don't agree. So now to the point of all this... Where is the map and tps sensor and what pins do you check and what resistance should they be. the haynes manual is a peice of sht. Can any one help me?
boomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 64484
i dont know about your jeep.. but on my honda the tps is right on the throttle body, im guessin its the same on your jeep, good luck with that
1cleanGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 54940
TPS works off resitance, the resistance changes as you apply throttle, or let off, its on the side of the throttle body, and should have three pins, one common, one for increasing resitance, and one for decreasing.

The map sensor should be on the firewall, it should get a reference voltage from the computer, normally 5 volts, then depending on how much vaccum it should change that voltage, the voltage normally drops as vacuum increases.

Do you know exactly the code number you got P****?

What year Jeep, what motor?

Have you checked your oil again recently? It can take a couple of oil changes sometimes to get all the water out. At least it did when I drowned mine.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 50967

this is a picture of a YJ 4.0 throttle body. on a TJ there will also be a MAP sensor on the right hand side.
lil italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 62975
thanks all I just got a friend to hook it up to a scan tool and my tps is reading full throttle all the time thanks angain guys!!!!!!!
boomboy is offline   Reply With Quote