Axle Bracket Kit for 8.8 in Grand Cherokee - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 56125
Axle Bracket Kit for 8.8 in Grand Cherokee

Would anybody be interested in a bracket kit to install a Ford 8.8 Rear Diff in a 93-98 Grand Cherokee? We just completed making a set and might produce them in quanity if there is enough interest....they are water jet cut 3/16 steel w/uppers, lowers, and spring buckets much like the kit that is available for the TJ's. They are very trick and beefy, radiused for any 3" axle tube. The price would probably be between $275 and $300 depending on production #'s. I would like to get 10 sets sold to make the first run. I have photos and instructions for placment on axle.
dakotaparts.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 29636
Send a message via Yahoo to butch6924
Just curious, what's the difference between the ZJ and the TJ brackets and placement?
butch6924 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 56125
Butch, the tj brackets are angled in quite a bit while the zj's are almost straight. The track bar bracket is completely different also. The spring buckets on the zj are more like the front tj buckets with a non flat coil that "drops" into a round groove on the bucket. I can e-mail you photos if you wish of both the brackets and the finished 8.8 installed in a 94 Grand. I would post them but I have failed to find the time to give these guys $20...yea, I know thats a lame excuse
Old 03-10-2006, 07:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 29636
Send a message via Yahoo to butch6924
cool, yeah, I'm interested.
butch6924 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 26369
Send a message via Yahoo to Urban Wheeler
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotaparts.com
Butch, the tj brackets are angled in quite a bit while the zj's are almost straight. The track bar bracket is completely different also. The spring buckets on the zj are more like the front tj buckets with a non flat coil that "drops" into a round groove on the bucket. I can e-mail you photos if you wish of both the brackets and the finished 8.8 installed in a 94 Grand. I would post them but I have failed to find the time to give these guys $20...yea, I know thats a lame excuse
More like $100 if you are going to pimp shit.

AND...

This is a bolt in thing? Stock links and all? What about the anti-lock brakes? Some of us might be interested in this on a DD is why I ask. I already know the 44a sucks so when the search comes back I'll look into the 8.8.
Urban Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 56125
Urban, yea, I know its $100 to pimp shit, thats why I am looking for interest...probably not going to pay off to be a vendor if nobody wants it...I dont sell my harness or conversion parts here as this is more of a do it yourself board and people typically just bash you and bitch about prices....

This is a set of weld on brackets much like MORE sells for the TJ...as far as ABS brakes, the 8.8 has a single reluctor ring on the ring gear and the GC has one on each wheel....I will address that issue if it looks like this is going to fly, so far its looking like almost no interest here on P4x4....back to the whold do it yourself for cheap thing

for what its worth, I will sign up to be a vendor BEFORE I ever take $$ from any pirate member...I already got a bunch of shit for posting some axles in the for sale section even though it was for a friend and just some random stuff that was in the way....

There are several vendors here that sell brand name parts for almost cost and I have no interest in competing with them, too busy building complete 4x4's for the "non do it yourselfers" Since nobodyis currently makig a GC 8.8 kit, I thought we might try it out...first set was a 40 hour project and the cust was only billled for 8 so might try to get them reproduced so next time its only a 4 hour deal....
Old 03-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 62903
Send a message via AIM to prostock3
not trying to high jack the post, but i got the axle w/ brackets im sellin w/ locker and 4.56 gears for $900 new brakes also
Old 03-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 56125
prostock??? you have a Ford 8.8 with Grand Cherokee brackets on it? I am not trying to sell axles, just looking to see if there is any real interest in a pre fabbed weld on kit....
Old 03-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 63746
When I swapped my axle there was nobody out there selling just a bracket kit (5 link) for the ZJ. I used brackets off a stock axle. So yes, I think there would be a market for them. You might post over at mallcrawlin.com and nagca.com.
zjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 56125
Thats how the bracket set came to be, the stock ones looked like thin weak crap so we made 2 sets with plazma but will have a batch water jet cut if we cna find 10-20 people....thanks for the mallcrawl and other link...we have built a few zj's in the shop but I dont personally have one so dont know all the zj sites....thanks for the tip!!
Old 03-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 17311
GET A YELLOW STAR.

But I think the intrest is there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.