tera flex revolvers - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 54136
Send a message via Yahoo to norcaljeep
tera flex revolvers

i got a 66 cj5 and i think im gonna buy a set of teraflex revolver shackles i really like them but has anyone had any bad experiences with them???
Old 05-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 62965
Okay yeah, they work. They will give you more droop...

But personally, I don't like them. Sure, you get more droop, but you dont have any weight pushing down on that tire thats drooping anymore, so it will just hop, and not provide as much traction anyhoo. Also, they tend to unload on the front when going through a steap up-hill obsticle, and the same with the rear going downhill. I've personally had them invert on me. Not cool....

So if your just looking to play on a RTI ramp, and showoff with them, deffinatly go for it. Otherwise, invest in a nice soft set of springs, and shackles, in some sort of configuration, to give you the flex you desire.

-Pat
CJ5inNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 36311
I only have the rear and love them. They are just fine on the street and work very well off-road.

"""""But personally, I don't like them. Sure, you get more droop, but you don’t have any weight pushing down on that tire that’s drooping anymore, so it will just hop, and not provide as much traction anyhoo. Also, they tend to unload on the front when going through a steap up-hill obsticle, and the same with the rear going downhill. I've personally had them invert on me. Not cool....""""

Answer me this..... What goes up must come down. Right! So if one side goes UP with pressure then the other side(Drop) will go down with the same pressure. So your weight issue is wrong. The only time the weight thing would come into play would be if you were centered. And if you were centered with R's on you would have been way worse off without them.

I have gone down hill way better then a 5.5 TJ. He told me not to do it because he almost rolled. I went down without even getting tippie.

When SUA you can only go down and that is what the R's do. Are there things you need to look at before putting them on? You bet.

They will give you MAD flex. I'm SUA and can just about flex as much as TJ with a 5.5 long arm lift. We are talking only by a few inches. But

1. Shock's.. are yours long enough?

2. Drive line. are you Drive shafts long enough?

3. Brake lines are they long enough?

I am thinking about putting a limiting strap on so they could never invert. I could see that happing if you were pinned and trying to back up but if I got into a bad place like that I would just winch out.

Note: I have a very custom shock set up. I have a tube cross over with mutable mounting studs for my rear shocks. Right now I have them at 45 degrees and they are long shocks so they don't limit my flex. This works very well with the R's.

Take a look at my pic’s in the like below. I would have flopped if I did not have the R’s.
|
|
|
V

Last edited by upnover-X; 05-25-2006 at 01:20 PM.
upnover-X is offline   Reply With Quote