|10-04-2006, 10:16 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2006
Member # 72621
Location: Duvall, WA
4.6L stroker questions
I am hoping some one can give me some guidance. Here is the
background on my set up. I have a 4.6L stroker from Golen. It is a
95 block, with a Hesco MPI kit for the 4.2L, running a 2002 intake,
a stock Hesco throttle body, 24 lb injectors from Hesco, Hesco Crank
Positioning Sensor, and a Hesco adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator.
It also is running a Borla header, a Random Technologies cat, and a
Borla cat back system.
Fuel pressure is currently set at 37lbs and timing at 11 degrees.
The motor runs very rough, especially from 1400-2200 rpms when it is
cold. It is also running a 180 degree thermostat. From the
searches I have done through the archives it seems that the timing
should be any where from 39-41.5 pounds and the timing at 14-16
degrees. One other bit of information is that I live at ~5000 ft
but regularly travel to 7500-9k.
My questions would be:
1. What is the stock fuel pressure of the 4.0L?
2. What should the fuel pressure likely be for this stroker and the
3. What should the CPS be set to and how do I adjust it?
4. What is the interaction between the CPS and timing?
5. What should the timing be set to on a stock 4.0L?
6. What should the timing be on a stroker like this?
7. What thermostat should I be running with this?
8. Is there a diagnostic plug on the Hesco MPI computer? if not
how do I add one?
9. Is there any other factor that I should be looking into to make
this motor run like it should?
Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks in advance for everyone's