Wagoneer Questions! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 72361
Wagoneer Questions!

Whats up guys just bought my first jeep, 82 Wagoneer 3" lift springs in front and blocks in the rear, rancho shocks and 35" boggers. My questions are i kinda want it to flex pretty good, at least thats my goal for right now, but i can't seem to find a whole lot of info and goodies for the full size jeeps i don't know if i'm lookin in the wrong spots or if they are just limited? It has Dana 44's at both ends, are the axles okay to build or should i do a swap? It also has 351 modified and a C6 which i thought might be a pretty good combo? I was wanting to get the TERA FLEX REVOLVERS but can't seem to find none for the wagoneers and was curious if i could use another application? Sorry its so long but kinda wanting to make this thing a pretty good trail rig, any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Chad
Chadjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 76690
Chad, all you need to know about Full Size Jeeps can be found here:

www.ifsja.org

Go to the Off-Road FSJ Tech section and ask away, those guys will hook you up and set you straight onto the rightgeous path of the FSJ.

If your looking to wheel your rig fairly rigoriously, upgrade the axels. D60's or maybe a 14 bolt in the rear.

What transfer case are you running since the motor/trans has been swapped?

Oh and FSJrs have had bad luck adapting the Revolvers. Some have rolled their rigs having them unload on them. The thought seems to be that the full size rigs are just too heavy for them.

Good luck.
Cherokee-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 65100
Send a message via Yahoo to rustywagoneersdotcom
i am all about the waggy's.... it is not too hard to get them to flex very nicely, my guess is that if your flex is indeed limited, it is limited by the 3 inch lift springs you are talking about... or the shocks... if somebody got cheap and kept the stock shocks and such, that would kill it...

old worn out stock springs with a shackle reversal (which makes about 3 inches of lift up front, and plain old 3 inch blocks out back. just make sure the shocks aren't limiting you. if the springs are the issue, then get some stockers and go SOA when you do your axle upgrades.

imho, you should wheel the pi$$ out of it on the stock axles first, and when they break, then start talking upgrades. they will get you a good long ways to start with.

peace
Dave
Old 01-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 72361
Thanks Guys I Appreciate It, I Really Do! I Think I Will Leave Out The Revolver Shackles For Now And Just Stick With The Stuff I Got Right Now, Thanks Again For All The Info! I'll Keep You Guys Posted!

Chad
Chadjr is offline   Reply With Quote