Dead YJ - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 62615
Dead YJ

My YJ has the Mopar MPI conversion kit that was swappin in about 4 years ago. On my way home from work yesterday my Jeep started to sputter at 2400RPM until abour 2600RPM which then after that point, would rev like usual. I tried this out in all of the gears and it only happens in 3rd and 4th gears under a load. I replaced the fuel filter and CPS with no luck. I checked and I have fuel pressure at the rail and I can hear the pump cycling like normal and I have spark. I did bleed the fuel line of air as well after I changed the fuel filter. I tried to start her even after the fuel filter swap and now she just cranks and cranks. Doesn't start at all. TPS was also replaced about a year ago. Anything else I should take a look at or test out? This is driving me nuts to say the least. I can't even go a year without something screwing up with the engine.

Note to self and fellow forum readers: Never do a stroker swap.

Another thing that made my heart sink to the floor was that in the past my Golen Engine Service stroker went through 2 oil pumps and 2 distributors. The first sign of this was that oil started to leak out around the base of the distributor. Well I looked at her today and there is some oil just starting to come out. To make a long story short, Golen screwed me out of an additional 2 grand in time, labor, and parts getting it back together. Being in college and paying your own way as well as this being your only rig to get back and forth to work in sucks big time.

Thank you for any and all ideas!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 31004
Send a message via AIM to domb65yj
Did you put a Fuel pressure gauge on it to verify proper pressure?
[/color]
[COLOR="Red"]Rocksteady Racing #213 - RCroc's[/COLOR]
domb65yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 62615
Proper fuel pressure was checked and was normal. SHE IS ALIVE!!!!! This morning my dad and I went out to the Jeep and he wanted to make sure my cat wasn't clogged. While he was checking for exhaust pressure she fired right up and now runs even better than ever!!! Im guessing that since there was no fuel in the filter, it took a while to get the fuel through the filter and then start pumping it steadly to the fuel rail. Those filters probably hold close to about 12 ounces of fuel since they are the size of a soda can. Everytime I checked nothing but fuel came out of the rail but there could have been some air in the line every now and then making it not run. Just a guess but she is good as new now! Thanks for the help Eric!!!