Pirate 4x4 banner

New rear end Noise in TJ :(

902 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Kotrin 
#1 ·
I've been browing these forum's for awhile and have listen and taken advice and thoughts of what I've seen on here and appreciate everyone's opinion's and build-ups!! Just recently I started to hear a new noise from the rear-end of my 98 TJ. It has 80k miles on it, 5sp with the 4.0L. It has a dana 44 in the rear-end and a tru-trak (limited slip) locker, 3.5" rubicon suspension lift, 32x11.50 BFG MT tires. I've narrowed it out that it is coming from the rear-end not the driveline (haven't had a chance to do a sye yet :mad3:). I pulled off my dif plug and there were alot of metal sand fleck stuff (imho metal shavings). I had it flushed out (stupid rules on not able to work on car's where I live so most of my work has to be done somewhere else). I've spoken to a friend who say's it's my rear end going out and that it is needing to be rebuilt. If anyone else has suggestions on maybe if it this sound could be something else or any other insights I would appreciate all opinion's and information. One other thing is the noise is almost non exsistent (or that I can hear) unless i'm going over 10 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.