Pirate 4x4 banner

winch problems

734 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  93redrangerstx 
#1 ·
I went to rehook up my winch today and when I hit the switch it only made a clicking noise in the box. I had it disconnected for about six months. Not sure what the problem could be other then maybe one of the selonoids went bad. It is a warn m8000.I have the ground wire at the same spot and red to the positive terminal and black to the negative. has anyone else had this happen and if so what did you do to fix it. Oh and I tried calling warn but they are closed so I'll be calling tuesday. thanks for any help or ideas

#2 ·
I have the same thing happening with my Ramsey Ill run it about once a month if its not getting any use offroad till the motor is warm to the touch but same thing itll click and I unplug the remote and try it again and it will work. Maybe it my solenoid I also pulled the cover and everything looks good and tight and my ground appears good but Im still :confused:..hopefully somebody will chime in. Good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.