Pirate 4x4 banner

Tier wabling on a tj

1K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  paulkeith 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys i kneed some help as what might be causing this isue i just installed a 6 inch Dick cipeck suspension and some 35 x12.5 Bf good rich tires and now each time i go over 30mile per hour i get this nasty tire wobbling issue could some one please help thank you guys

#3 ·
yes thats what i meant so now that you guys now that i cant spell for shiet may be i might be able to get a couple of pointers as what might be creating the tire wobbling issue the tires have been balanced some one mention something about the camber alignment was off can any one help??

#9 ·
Tire Wobbling / death wobble

i took it to a couple of alignment places and they told me that this jeep does not have a castor adjustment that all they could due was the toe in or out adjustment i have not installed a drop pitman arm is this really nesesary to due??? could this be were my problem lies???
Also i steal need to install the transmission drop kit also??? like i said its a Dick cipeck plus 6 inch with some 15x10 inch rims the tires are some BF Goodrich 35x12.5 on them and they have been balance already.
I have replaced all four shocks eccept for the stabalicing shock it steal has the stock one on there.
any pointers would be much apriciatted thank you all.

#11 ·
Going to need confirmation on whether or not you installed a longer driveshaft in the rear.

The front caster is set by lengthening or shortening the front upper CA's, there is no caster adjustment on the axle so if your problem is caster to need to adjust the pinion.

Drop pittman arm should only be used if you dropped the track bar.

And it's 'still', not 'steal' :laughing:

#17 ·
No i have not installed an SYE yet and i am steal running the stock drive shaft so it sounds like i should be getting a SYE soon due you know the best place to get one at. and yes i am getting the so called Death wobble.
thank you all for yore attention so what would you guys sugest to start out at in order to eliminate the death wobble at.
1. Alignment
2.sye
3.longer shaft??

#25 · (Edited)
You need to learn to spell. Wow. For your sake, I hope you're russian and in russia cobbling together some english.

Anyway, to fix death wobble, check the following:
1) caster (toe....in other words, get an alignment from a shop that knows how to deal with lifted linked suspensions)
2) trackbar
3) tie rod ends
4) balljoints
5) wheel bearings
6) steering box

Good luck, as its a bear to track down and solve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.