Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Balance powder/Beads

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Don't bother with balancing

Votes: 9 15.3%

Balancing 37's

10K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  sand dune coon 
#1 ·
I'm mounting up a set of 37 MT/R's on H2 Wheels.

What do y'all recommend for (if at all) balancing?

#9 · (Edited)
Sorry for the dumb question. I recently heard about using bb's to balance tires and have only heard of the bags full for weight. When using airsoft, which seems much cheaper by the way, do you have to bag them up? My 36" TSL SX's are impossible to balance and make for one horrific ride at 70 mph and I would like to get this taken care of.

Thanks.

Oh yes. Do they sell these in any sporting goods store?

#10 ·
I just pored em in free. Didn't bag em. It did take about 5 miles to balence, but after it did, It was smooth. But it is a little annoying hearing the pinging of BB's off your wheels while crawling around. But I don't care.

#12 ·
To get this straight, you just poor the bb's in and drive. The tires will eventually balance out? Im going to get a tire replace tomorrow. I was thinking about trying to get them balanced at the same time. I may call them and ask if they are willing to poor some of these in. I found a local sporting goods store that sells the air soft bb's.

#15 ·
stainless bb's

#16 ·
I don't have 37's, but I do run 35's. I bought a bubble balancer from HF and use it to balance all my tires. I orientate the tire and rim to the best possible balance w/o weights, then final balance by adding the weights to the center of the rim to keep them out of harms way. My current set of 35's ride as smooth as any 30" tire I've ever ridden on.

I swear that old $60 bubble balancer & $40 manual tire mounter combo has more than paid for itself :grinpimp:

#21 ·
Do you guys get a vibration int he steering wheel while the beads are evening out? I have a shit ton of "green slime" in my tires and that stuff will easilly spread out and auto balance while coating the tire for pucture resistance. All I know is that I get a mini DW until it evens out. (from 20mph to about 40mph after its had time to slosh down)

#23 ·
Seems like most recommend some sort of balancing. I don't like the idea of metallic BB's. So I'm looking into plastic BB's and powder more.
Is there any difference between the dynabeads and airsoft BB's?

#25 ·
Dynabeads are more dense, so it takes a smaller volume. If you can find the high density airsoft pellets (0.20 - 0.25 grams), they will work better.

sand ********* said:
14 oz of dyna beed on my 38.5" TSL's , didnt do shit, still rides and wobbles like shit... i think the air pellets are BS too. get radials.. fuck it
Sounds like you may have another issue, besides tire balance. They work well in several trucks in my fleet, from F-550s to 50,000 Peterbilts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.