Pirate 4x4 banner

ARB and Air Coming Out of Axle Breather

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  PacificNWestJeeper 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I had a pair of ARB's installed in my 93 YJ. The rear works perfectly, however when I turn on the front switch I have a ton of air coming out of the Breather Hose and the compressor runs constantly. I called ARB tech support, but they were doing inventory on Friday. Anyone have any ideas before I take the heep back to the shop? Thank you!

#4 ·
#6 ·
When that happened to me a month ago, the copper tube inside the case got caught up in the ring gear, apparently vibrated just right on a rearward snatch pull of a buddy. In your case, since the locker seems to work, I'd say just a leak in the internal copper. The ARB engages with only 1/2 the 90PSI we send it, so a leaky system would still likely engage.

#9 · (Edited)
Your local ace hardware store/lowes/home depot, etc.. should have a decent O-ring selection. From the pic, not being an ARB owner myself, I'd guess that's in the realm of a 3/8 x 1/8 O-ring. They're less than 50 cents apiece in my neck of the woods, so spend a couple bucks and get 1 or two sizes bigger and smaller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.