Pirate 4x4 banner

ARb will not unlock in a 8.8

962 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike Honcho 
#1 ·
ARB will not unlock. I tried engaging and disengaging the switch. I also tried rolling back and forward. I don’t have a clue. Has this happened to anyone?:confused:

#3 ·
yeah... i forgot to do a search. i was just really pissed off. so i did a search after i realized my goof up i from what i read i guess i need to mek sure there is no load on on it then take a center punch and nock the center pin back in.

#4 ·
I blew mine in a 8.8 not long after I installed it. The cross shaft retaining pin snapped as the cross shaft spun and seized in the carrier. Punch, air hammer, sledge, and finally pulling the whole damn axle off the truck and putting it in a 20ton press still wouldn't budge that shaft. I ended up torching the c-clips to get the axle shafts out just so I could send the locker to ARB. Those A-holes had the nerve to tell me I didn't have sufficient lube in the diff and gave me no locker or compensation for the part or damage done.

I sure hope this doesn't happen to you or anyone else.

#5 · (Edited)
i havnt messed with it yet i will look at it tomarrow... but dood dont tell me that.... this was the first trip of season.and i allready have to replace all the seals in my dana 30,$hit was leaking out everywhere.. lol or i just spend even more money and throw in a dana 44...

#8 ·
Figured out what happened. I over tightened the adapter from blue hose to bulk head fitting head thus crushing the o ring and copper tube. So what that did was allow air to get in but not out so it stayed locked. I am an idiot. So don’t do what I did

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.