Pirate 4x4 banner

starter jeep...

996 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Stilgar 
#1 ·
2000 XJ sport. any suggestions on cheap sway bar disconnects?

#4 ·
Try ebay or the "wanted" section in the Pirate classifieds. I've had good response with the classifieds in the past.

#9 ·
How about you just remove your sway bar connections when you offroad? The reason they are called quick discconnects is because they quickly disconnect. Every truck comes with slow disconnects at no extra charge....just remove the fasteners....its FREE

You do not need some blinged pinned connection to get addition axle travel.

#10 · (Edited)
I can see you are a new member, so please forgive me if i sound a little rude because its not the case. I will give you some advice and an answer to your question.

First off, you will find many "personalities" on this forum. Just because you are in newbie doesn't garantee you safety from all flaming. There are those who lack common sense and people who build projects half assed and dangerous. Theres also people that no matter how much you help them , they always have an answer as to why it won't work, or why they don't want to do it, or they just want somebody to tell them what they want to hear.

With that being said, you have 3 possible solutions to your problem.

1. Buy some pre-made quick disconnects. If yoiu can't afford a cheap set, then you shouldn't be four wheeling or taking them off in the first place, because if you need to remove them, then chances are you are subjecting your vehicle and wallet to more costly issues then the cost of a set of quick disconnects.

2. Fabricate your own. You will hear this alot here.

3. Just unbolt your current sway bar links and secure them up high. Its a pain in the ass but once the nuts are loose, it should only take a min to do them both.

There you go, your answers are clear, and now you can choose whichever is best for you. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.