Pirate 4x4 banner

What Pitman arm with 1 ton TRE?

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeep Farm 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pitman arm that will fit my YJ steering gear box and will accept a 7/8 1 ton TRE? I also need at least a 2" drop pitman arm.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#4 ·
I don't think there is anything that will just bolt up to your box and accept a 7/8 TRE. I am running a 3/4 heim at the pitman arm and TREs everywhere else. Just get you a Drop arm and take it to a machine shop and have them ream it for you. I had my d44 knuckles reamed to accept the 1-ton TREs and it only cost about $20 bucks per side.

#5 ·
since you've already drilled the 3/4 hole im assuming, you will have to buy another arm because the 1 ton TRE will require a 5/8" hole. Then get a 1.5" per foot reamer and go to work. Thats what i had to do on my xj's pitman arm. I broke a 5/8" bit and busted my reamer during that too. Damn drill was wore out and the chuck wobbled, trashed it and bought a new one. sorry for my rambling....

#7 · (Edited)
I was just about to suggest getting a waggy pitman and then reaming it... but looks like the above link will solve that for ya! If ya don't have a reamer, then that could be the way to go hassle free! :)

WRM :jeep:

#8 ·
I use a stock TJ pitman arm on mine, im running 1-tons, 1-1/4" tie-rod/draglink, and full high-steer, SOA, and its perfect, no bump-steer, works great. Have some pics if you need them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.