Pirate 4x4 banner

Jeep wiring guru help

902 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  97jeeptj 
#1 ·
I have my V-8 jeep running, but right now I have the stock computer mounted on the firewall, and would like to remove it and do away with as much of the wiring as I can. Does anyone know how to do this, or does anyone have a schematic to email me? Any help is much appreciated. I am not a wiring guy, so this may get above my head. I also know that my AC is integrated with the ECU from some reason, but think I have figured out that one.

#2 ·
Just leave the stock power distribution center in place so you still have power to your center console, headlights, and turn signals. Wire in some new dash gauges that work with your new motor. Everything else is pretty simple. What part don't you understand?

#3 ·
How to get power from "turning the key to start" without the ECU. I can't seem to track it to the stock relay box under the hood. I plan to use all aftermarket guages, so that isn't the real problem.
I have it wired to start now, but funny thing is, I have it jumped over at the tranny plug, guessing it's nuetral safety switch, however when I try and jump the same 2 wires over at the plug on the firewall, it will not work.

#5 ·
Contact info?
I used a Howell harness for the 5.3 motor. It basically needs only 12 volts to run. The only other problem, is to get 12v to the starter when I turn the key. Right now I have the factory jeep wiring harness, with ecu still intact, but have done away with the injector wires, and sending units so far. My plan is to completely do away with the jeep ecu, and run autometer guages.
My build is in my signature, if you want to take alook.

#7 ·
Got it figured out today. My jeep now starts and runs and I have complete removed the jeep computer/underhood harness. I have it temporary today, but am going to run it through a relay tomorrow and will post up some pic when finished. It look much better under the hood now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.