Pirate 4x4 banner

rubicon 44 high steer?

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  jthomp 
#1 ·
I am looking for a way to get high steer on my 04 Rubicon, it still has the rubicon 44 in the front. Does anyone know anything about what it takes to make this axle high steer?
thanks.

#2 ·
Somebody should check me on this but, seeing as the Rubicon 44 has stock 30 outers, it would seem viable that any Dana 30 hi-steer kit would work fine.

#6 ·
are the 30 outers with high steer strong enough for say, 37 krawlers and hydro assist? the shafts are already alloy's so I am not worried about them just wanting to know if the 30 knuckles are strong enough for hydro assist.
thanks

#7 ·
Im not sold on the axles holding up per say, time will tell. But wether or not the outers hold up will be based on wether or not you set the ram up correctly. If you make it so the ram's max extension is farther then the bump stops etc can let the wheel move, then it will probably fail.

#8 ·
ok that sounds good. the other problem with the wj conversion is it does not move the tie rod up, is there any kits that move the tie rod as well as the drag link, other than the reid racing one. the reid racing knuckle option looks like it will do what I want, but for a big price tag. if I understand it right it requires all new outer stuff, breaks and everything.

#9 ·
If you gonna run 37's and hydro assist i would recommend the reid racing knuckles. :grinpimp: They are really strong and they use all dana 44 outer parts. They will get a much stronger high steer set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.