Pirate 4x4 banner

Jeep Header

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  burrellsjeep 
#1 ·
hey, i have a 97 TJ (4.0 auto) and just like every other jeep ive owned the exhaust manifold cracked, and unlike the other jeeps im not just ganna say f*** it. im lookin at 2 different headers, the first is an Edelbrock Shorty header , the second is a Pace setter full length header. im not sure how the pace setter works if it replaces the down pipe and gos all the way to the cat or will i have to make a piece from the header to the cat? thanks

PA-XJ2

#6 ·
I had a JBA header on my 99 Wrangler. It came with a warranty but JBA would not honor it because the header was soo messed up. I had been wheeling all day, then drove into a really deep icy puddle. :shaking: Cracked one of the tubes in half. Obviously this was nobodies fault but my own. Lucky for me the shop that installed the header took the hit and replaced it for free, even tho JBA would not. All that said, the second header has been great, no problems to speak of. Overall I dont think I can recommend JBA. Even though the second header has been great for a couple of years now and the first one failed due to nothing more than my own stupidity, the fact that they would not honor the warranty loses them alot of credit as far as I am concerned. Also there is a big selection of aftermarket headers so I would go with someone more likely to stand behind their product a little better. I have heard good things about the Banks Torque Tube header, and if I remember correctly it has a good warranty. Sorry I ramble sometimes. hope this helps, and good luck.

#7 ·
thanks man, if anyone knows of a header that also replaces th down tube let me know, not only in the manifold cracked the down pipe is about to! so if i could get a header that replaces both that would be ideal!!

PA-XJ2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.