Pirate 4x4 banner

350 having problems

618 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mobs 
#1 ·
hey everybody...if it isn't 1 thing its another lately

ive got a YJ with a chevy TBI350. its pretty much just a street queen, but lately its been giving me more trouble then my beater XJ did. last weekend the water pump went out, i replaced that, and also put a new alternator on.

this weekend i was driving around town, shut it off, and came out a few mins later and it wouldn't do anything when i turned the key. all the electronics came on, but the motor wasn't turning over. then after 10-15 mins i came back to it, and it fired right back up.

drove home with no problems. i go to start it back up again, and it wont start, but this time its turning over, but wont fire. i pull the air cleaner, and i see that no gas is being injected into the TB. are these problems related?, and if so any clue where to start?

im guessing maybe fuel pump

#2 ·
Double check all your engine grounding leads, when I swapped in a 90 TBI350 into my old K5 we had the same problem. We looked at the donor truck and it had two grounding straps. Also if it is the stock fuel pump from the 350 make sure the ground is good and did not come loose. After you do that turn the key to run and then go and see if you can hear your fuel pump working. If it is working you might just have a clogged fuel filter. Also how many miles are on the 350 and have you ever had the TBI cleaned?

#5 ·
like others have said make sure your getting fuel. and or your grounds.. if not check your diagnostics to see if your getting any codes for a bad sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.