Pirate 4x4 banner

Fried my ECU

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Knuckelhead 
#1 ·
Hey, the ECU on my 97 TJ is cooked. I checked Car-Part.com and RockAuto.com and I see
that there are a couple of different part numbers for ECU's for the 97 5-speed.

5010410AA
and
56041312AA, AB, AC, AD

Now I've got a 312AC part. Can I run an AA, AB, or AD as long as it's a 312? They're just a revised
program right? How about the 410AA? Or must I stick with the 312AC?

RockAuto doesn't seem to differentiate between them, here's the description for the ACDelco part:

ACDELCO Part # 21812599 {#19162778}
MODULE,ENG CONT(REMAN) OE #5010410AA, 56041312AA, AB, AC, AD;
w/M/TRANS; CALIBRATION PRE-FLASHED AT FACTORY

So, any input on this?

Thanks, Mark N.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know the specs, but the different ones specify different options. When mine blew on my 04 6cyl(I forget the #s) I found that any 6 cyl would allow the engine to run, but on some I had no instrument readings, on others I would have check engine codes, but it ran fine. So I think the answer is yes it will work as far as running the engine, but you might still have problems.

Jeep told me it was around $500 for a new one programmed to my Jeep, but I finally got them to cover it under the 7/70 so I don't know the exact price.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info. I found the correct one in PA anyway, should be here mid next week.

I had emailed about 6 recyclers form Car-Part.com. Bought the first reasonable one I could
find. I got an email the next day from http://www.aaceautoparts.com/. Here it is:

Hey Mark, we have the part you are looking for in stock and ready to ship.
The part is rebuilt at our factory and reprogrammed for your VIN and mileage along with the
newest updates available from mopar. All you will have to do when you get the part is
plug it in and start driving. The price on the part is $249.00 and we will give you free USPS
Express mail to Canada. Give us a call, our toll free number does not work from Canada,
our local number is 954-983-4948. Ask for Robbie or Trudy.

Seems like they refurbish and reprogram these things. I didn't buy from these guys, so I
can't vouch for them. I'd already made a deal with another recycler. Just posting up
the information in case anybody else ever does a search.

Mark N.

terms for search: ECU jeep engine computer sale refurbish used

#6 ·
I paid $150 USD plus shipping (I paid extra for it to be overnighted to Canada). I have
no idea what shipping would be to Australia. Probably high though. The one I got was
not reconditioned though, it was obviously used. Works great though. If you check my
other posts in this thread (#4) I found a reconditioner that would have shipped me one
for $250 USD. You might want to ask them what they would want to ship one down
under to you.

Mark Novakovic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.