Pirate 4x4 banner

swapping a t4 for an ax15

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  crusty1007 
#1 ·
I have been searching and have found a few articles but nothing that answers my questions. I have an 1983 CJ7 with an 80 304 and T4. I got a AX15 gven to me because the T4 finally gave out. I bought the tcase adapter from Novak. I need to know what else am I going to need. I am sure I will have to mod my drive shafts. I would like to reuse the bellhousing and clutch linkage I already have. Is this possible? What kind of bumps am i going to run into. I know the Ax15 bolts from the inside and the T4 bolts from the outside of the bellhousing. I can drill the holes out that I need. Anyone done this swap that can give me some info would be greatly appriciated. I am mechanically inclined and McGuyver was my hero :D.

#3 ·
could i use the set up that came out of the donor vehicle.its an 94 cherokee with a 4.0 ho. i know the slave cylinder is leaky but the rest of the set up is good. just tryin to get everything together so i can get this thing back on the raod. its been sitting for 7 weeks and is driving me crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.