Pirate 4x4 banner

tube fenders

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Jeepnford 
#1 ·
is there a huge difference in strength between tube fenders that are full replacement vs. tube fenders that use the existing inner fender? thanks

#2 ·
personly I dont think so, they both mount to the body and front clip and not the frame. Therefore I dont forsee and major differnce in strength. I have PSC front tube fenders and I have hit them HARD. Aside from the scratches and a small dent in the tube the look the same as the day I put them on.

#5 ·
I have full tube fenders...now I am being told by the guys running the Hammers that tube fenders are causing damage to the tub because instead of crushing like stock fenders would (when hitting a rock), the tube fenders are transfering the force or impact back into the tub.

I imagine that ANY tube fender would cause about the same damage, really.

#6 ·
Going to pull this one back up because I sirched. :flipoff2:

Has anyone done any tube fenders with attachments to the frame? I was going through some tube fender writeups and was thinking that i could run some shock hoops from the frame and connect them to a couple points on the tube fenders, and mount the lower end of the tube fender to the frame directly. this might require disconnecting the fenders from the tub to avoid vibes but that shouldn't be a big deal. I might even run a tube hoop at the front of the tub attached to the frame and tied further into the fenders/shock hoop and run it under the hood, and attach that to a cross-brace between the hoops. This might be rather difficult but I'm willing to get it done if it's doable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.