Pirate 4x4 banner

Fuel injection wiring?

641 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MuddyPaws 
#1 ·
Here's what I'm working with, I have a 90 Yj. The guy I bought it from pulled the 4.2 and dropped in a 4.0 from a 98 Xj. Well he didn't want to or didn't know how to hook up the fuel inj. So he put the 4.2 head and intake on the motor. Well as you know this is a Sh#$y setup. Don't get me wrong it seems to run alright but I get about 10miles a gallon and I know I'm missing some power. So I have the 4.0 head and injection system that I'm going to put on but I need some help with wiring. Does anyone have a wiring diagram and some advice, or even better if someone has the time and lives in Jersey I'll buy the Beer

#2 ·
What year and vehicle did the computer and wiring and head and all that come out of?

You'll also have to put a new fuel pump in. What trans are you running? WTF? Does this thing just think it has EFI? Did he install all the rest of the sensors? EFI needs the CPS that is bolted into the trans bell housing, knock, MAP, IAT etc...

#4 ·
Go get a chilton's book for the donor for starters. In the book will have a complete wiring schematic of the engine control system.

I have already gone to my wiring schematic on my engine many times when installing custom stuff!(93 YJ 4.0 turbo charged)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.