Pirate 4x4 banner

Axle brackets.. who/where?

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Coiled88YJ 
#1 ·
Going to be starting my D44 swap into my XJ and am searching for axle brackets.

Apparently, RE has become extremely proud of their kit, as a buddy of mine bought his 1.5 yrs ago for ~$250 and now they are just over $400.

Poly is nice, but also pricey (picture & part # on the website is the RE kit?).

Only other one I've found is Ballistic. They seem reasonably priced and fairly decent parts.

Are there any others worth checking out? I don't want to cut and re-use the stock thin brackets.

#9 ·
Tnt

Agreed with the above. I got the D44 truss for my swap and it has worked out well. Get it with all the goodies - coil buckets, track bar mount, UCA mounts. It takes a lot of guess work out of it.
When I was shopping for brackets, it was between them and Clayton. I got some horror stories from Ballistic and Rusty's, but it is hard to say whether it was the parts or the installer.

The TNT truss is a great way to go, I think. Especially if it is one of your first swaps, like it was for me.

#10 ·
I think I'll do a mix between the Poly and Sliver offroad brackets.
I like the Polys for the front due the better clearance but love the misaligment desing of the SFWs, its a pity they don't have more choices on this product.

But for what they're I agree completely with you, they are expensive in excess.

So I suppose I'll order Polys for the frame, SFW for the axles and still must find who makes this truss:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.