Pirate 4x4 banner

E-brake cable for YJ SOA

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jeepinwilson 
#1 ·
I'm working on finishing up my SOA and I need to find an e-brake cable for the passenger side that is long enough. I had the cables redone because they were cut out before and the guy made them equal lengths. The drivers side is a little to long but I can deal with that. The passenger side is well short. I'm thinking something like an XJ passenger side or something like that. Any ideas? Thanks

#2 ·
i was wondering the same thing, i have an 87 with an soa. more than likely, i'm going to get a floor mounted lever from a junkyard and re-posistion it. i have thought of using a galvanized aircraft cable with swagged ends for the custom cable.

#5 ·
There are a few ways to go about this. The first is free. You disconnect the driver side cable at the frame where it clips to the bracket just in front of the fuel filter. Drill a hole lower and reconnect.

Another way is to get a cable from a Jeep that uses a center console e-brake lever. The cables will be long and will work as a replacement for the driverside. Actually it will be a bit too long but it's not a problem. (I went this route since I had XJ cables from my D44 laying around.)

The passenger side isn't really an issue bur you can disconnect it from the body where it clips to the body above the driveshaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.