Pirate 4x4 banner

Line Lock e-brake

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  RyanSittinTall 
#1 ·
Im in the process of swapping in a 14 bolt on my TJ (manual trans). I have limited experience and this is the biggest job i have done so far. I was going to use Cadillac Eldorado disk brakes because i could retain the e-brake but they are about $120 EACH with the core charge and the chevy k20 disks are only $40. THat is a HUGE difference that i am not willing to pay. Anyways i am trying to figure a solution to still have a ebrake for while im parked on hills and what not. One suggestion that i like is to use a line lock. Would this still work while the jeep is off and just sitting on a hill over night. Are they made to be used for long periods of time. Any suggestions on solutions are appreciated.
THanks,
Ryan

#2 ·
2 types of line locks, electric & hydraulic

Electric is good for short periods of time. If you are going to use it as a parking brake get a hydraulic one. Many different brands out there.

I have used both styles. Hurst roll control electric, and a Mico Lock hydraulic...happy with the performance of both

#9 · (Edited)
Well I will probably get flamed for this but I have been running a regular ball valve for a parking brake for years. I just ran the rear brake line into the cab and attached it to a ball valve then back out to the rear brakes. Just push down on the brakes then hit the valve. It keeps the pressure on the rear brakes. It works. I even use it when trailering the Jeep. Would I trust it overnight on a steep slop? NO!!! I do not think I would trust any brake either though.
THIS IS JUST A PARKING BRAKE NOT A E BRAKE!!!!

#10 · (Edited)
I don't have a write up myself but I am sure there's one somewhere, if I come a cross it I'll post it up. I have made a few of them.
The nice thing about this set up is it acts and feels like a normal parking brake, fools the inspectors....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.