Pirate 4x4 banner

TJ high steer questions

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cisco 
#1 ·
i am about to do a EBd44 swap into my tj. i have chevy flat tops, M2W chevy TRE full high steer arms. PSC ast. kit. i am trying so set up my jeep as low as i can. i want to run 3.5RE coils. i have been through all the builds on the bible http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578353 and cant find any one running a full high steer set up. is anyone out there doing it?

#2 ·
I believe theres a ton of people running full hydro high steer. If they werent the manufactures would not be making all these arms. I have Ballistics 60 arms and they are great, too bad they won't work for me. I too am staying as low as possible and the hydro cylinder links would hit the frame by 2.5 inches at full stuff. I'm just going to the factory 60 arms instead. The difference between mounting to the underside of the high steer arms or the top of the factory location is only about an inch and a half. Not sure the difference in your 44 but if you want to be low you may need to go with a different mount or raise your jeep some.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I thought you wanted to use the high ster arms and keep it real low. Thats what I am doing and was explaining (trying anyway) that my high steer would not work due to the lack of room. To answer your question, yes you can do what you want. You basically have to mock it all up and see what fits and what hits where and cut what you need to.

#5 ·
Are you wanting to run High steer AND hydro assist? If so I am running this on my TJ. its a fullwidth 60 but the principles would be the same. I can't post pics but pm me your email address and I'll take some of my set-up and send them to ya.

I will say it is unbelieveably tight and hard to get everything in and set up correctly. I am running worn out 3.5 inch teraflex springs with 42's. My jeep sits very low and is less than 80 inches to the top of the cage. Btw all this on a 97 TJ still runing shocks and springs, not coilovers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.