Pirate 4x4 banner

Dana 300 case, what is it worth?

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  crewchief 
#1 · (Edited)
I found a guy that has an extra d300. At this point I have broken every internal part, and just rebuilt the case with everything as tough as I can make it (yes that was dumb).

He is asking me what its worth (for just the shell case, no internals). I don't want to rip this dude off, but I want to try and get it for as cheap as possible. Any ideas on what I should offer him?

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
10-20 bucks max, you can buy a complete working one ready to go into a vehicle for 100 bucks at alot of junk yards, they came in everything. Thats my .02 anyways based on what prices and availability out here are.

#3 · (Edited)
You better buy a bunch of those $100 dana300's cause they usually sell for $250-$300 on here stock! And around here it is hard to find one. (THEY CAME IN EVERYTHING?) Do you have a list of all those rigs they came it cause mabey all of us are looking at the wrong rigs. Or mabey you think a dana 18 dana 20 and a dana 300 are the same!

#5 ·
Yes :shaking: Or Maybe you think that because you can't find them, they don't exist.......

I know for a fact they came in Most of the late model CJs, ive pulled a few from wagoneers and cherokee chiefs although they could have been swapped in. Maybe coming in everything was a little exaggerated but i wasn't kidding when i said depending where you are they can be had for dirt cheap...like the northeast. I bought my short shaft 81' D300 for *Gasp* :eek: 100 dollars in perfect working condition before i stripped it down and upgraded everything in it. I don't need to buy a ton of them because they are everywheres up here. If i want another one, i just check the local paper or radio swap shop, and pick it up for probably less then i bought my first one for 5 years ago. And seeing as most rigs up here rot out and everybody has moved on to drivers drop YJs, the poor old Dana 300s can be had here for free if you look hard enough. He asked what to pay, i told him what i would, based on my area and availability. Its basic supply and demand, research economics and you might begin to understand. :shaking:

#4 ·
Ya I was thinking like 50 bucks would be luck for me. But I am not sure that is fair for him. If I had a second case, I would work on fabbing up some "ribbing" for the thin parts, then swap internals when I was done.

I have seen a couple of these cases break in half, so It might be good to have a backup. At least until I can convince my wife to let me by a Stak.

#12 · (Edited)
First off yeep i would pay 50 for a good spare case cuase i have seen many break in half too and only be held together by the pan.

haha yep im a web wheeler. This was the first time i ever looked at JEEP NON HARDCORE and since the guy lives in colorado which is over here in my neck of the woods i wanted to give him at least a accurate price of how much they cost here. And wow black sheep if somebody disagrees with you why do ya have to get all bitchy and use that potty mouth!(HAHA) Didnt you learn to play nice with others in second grade? Well i guess thats if you made it past 1st. Congrats to everyone who gets dana 300s cheap i with they were that cheap here. Well i actually just gave 2 of them away to buddys.

#18 ·
You went on the offense with the "not knowing the difference between the Dana t-cases" first, theres no such thing as a free lunch, don't take a crack at somebody and expect them not to have something to say about it. I think i was very clear in my posts that, prices would vary depending on location and availability. Sounds like the OP got a decent deal, good luck.

Oh and Good looking rig.....and uh nice light bar :flipoff2:

#15 ·
Ya, I used to wrench at Mile Hi Jeep Rebuilders when we still had a shop. I can call them and get their cost, which will be much more than I want to pay. I think the other place you are talking about is Republic something. That guy is the biggest @$$hole I have ever dealt with. Many storries, off topic/waste of time.

I will contact this guy and see what he wants. He doesnt know either, so I don't want to bend the dude over, karma can be rough.

Also, this is the first time I have posted in Non Hardcore. :flipoff2:

Nice buggy, but that is not the first time I have seen it. :mr-t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.