Best Lift kit for 00-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 149675
Best Lift kit for 00-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Whats the best lift kit for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Years 00-04. I had a rough country lift on my wrangler, but I was not impressed. I am going to lift my Jeep 3 inches, but I want something that is going to keep the on road driving nice and straight and not uncomfortable. Let me know if you can help. Thanks
lifted2621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 122916
Not sure of what your looking to spend but, URF extreme body lift comes to mind. They are the best lift you can buy. You will have to do 4 inch though because you have a Laredo. It comes with a sick t-shirt too.
xj9140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 116007
You might want to ask this question in the non-hardcore section. I suggest you read the Cherokee mission statement as well
Old 01-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 133593
I don't know what your budget is, but this one is adjustable

2008 JKU Rubicon: 3" Synergy Springs, 37" Trail Grapplers, TNT Alum belly skids, PSC/Poly cage, winch, yada yada yada, its powered by a Caravan motor
DutchVDub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 10249
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVDub View Post
I don't know what your budget is, but this one is adjustable

LOL that is the funniest thing Ive seen in a long time...

Moved to non-hardcore..
ashmanjeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 141317
I would look into Old Man Emu, its part of ARB but they make really good suspensions and in different spring rates for bumpers or a winch.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 141297
I had a 2000 wj for about 3 years or so with a 4" suspension lift from Rusty's Offroad. It drove and performed really well, I did however have 1.75" poly spacers on top of the rusty's springs to be able to fit the 33's I was running. The poly spacers added enough lift to really flex the 33's but the rusty's arms that come with the kit are not adj. so my wheelbase was a little shorter then most. If I were to recommend this lift to anyone I would say 31'' tires w/ no cutting or 33's with cutting,spacers, and adj control arms.

If you want to go real nice look at Rockkrawler or Ironrock Offroad longarm kits for the wj.
saddis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 143035
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
I had a 2000 wj for about 3 years or so with a 4" suspension lift from Rusty's Offroad. It drove and performed really well, I did however have 1.75" poly spacers on top of the rusty's springs to be able to fit the 33's I was running. The poly spacers added enough lift to really flex the 33's but the rusty's arms that come with the kit are not adj. so my wheelbase was a little shorter then most. If I were to recommend this lift to anyone I would say 31'' tires w/ no cutting or 33's with cutting,spacers, and adj control arms.

If you want to go real nice look at Rockkrawler or Ironrock Offroad longarm kits for the wj.
save your money if your running 265/75r16 perfect tire for a little lift. tires meet frame at full crank of the steering wheel. stock arms are ok with this. now if your on a budget just let me know. with a little work and not much money you can easily do 3" of lift. I have 3.5" in front and 4" in back with stock arms. ride is more than fine.

get adjustable track arm, 3" springs, front disconnects, A-arm rear upper ball joint spacer block optional. then make rear shocks fit front with home brew eyelet conversion at the top and bar pin eliminators at the bottom. then use menroe shocks from a f250 in rear. I can give the part #. I have 13"travel in front and you should get close to that in the rear with the rear a-arm spacer block. I have 10" with out and I know this is likely the limiting factor. custom make your bump stops. for the rear sway bar extend the links and leave it hooked up all the time. try flexing with it. should not need to disconnect but experiment. I have mine not even on. I intend to put it back on for onroad handling and from researching I have found that it may be ok to just leave on. you may find springs and spacers for sale on forums. OME 2.5" springs and 1"spacers would be a great combo. the most spacer and spring combo you can use is 2" for the spacers. when you install it you will see why...LOL. interested in more just ask. if you do an extreme trim 33" is possible but you will need less backspacing than factory wheels or use wheel spacers with factory wheels. 1" to 1.25" would be good.

I am going to 5" springs and eventually clayton long arm kit. I have researched this quite abit. to get 35's under it I need to push out the axles. I wont be investing a dime into the factory axles D30 and D44A. not strong enough. will be looking for HPD44 front or D60 and D60 rear. will truss that and go for it....LOL
asphalt assault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.