Soldier needs help/advice from San Antonio area - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 47850
Soldier needs help/advice from San Antonio area

Posting this for soldier that's a long way from home and needs a little help. Please send all replies to his email listed at the bottom of the thread. Thanks guys.

Ok, so you know Iím a CJ nut, and have been one for a while. Iím currently in Iraq and was going to do this when I returned, but wanted to see if I could get it done before I return so my 16 yo can help mom out by being able to drive herself back in forth to school (we have 4 kids and the wife works as well).To cut this down a bit, she asked if she could drive my 83 CJ until she got enough money together to by her own, fair enough. But need some final work done to make it a daily driver (that doesnít require daily or weekly maintenance, cause it leaks everywhere from the rear axles)

I need the email of someone that re-gears axles in the San Antonio, I was going to get Thrash to do it, but I canít find an email for them and will try calling them, but wanted to see if anyone here new of anyone that specializes with CJ gears in SA. The CJ has the stock Dana 30 widetrack in the front and AMC 20 widetrack in the rear

I will provide all parts for the build to include:

Dana 30 Carrier (3.08 and numerically higher)
Dana 30 Master Install kit with bearings
Dana 30 Ring and Pinon (4.11 ration)
AMC 20 Carrier (3.08 and numerically higher)
AMC 20 Yukon 1-piece Axles with full install kit
AMC 20 locker (lunchbox type locker, probably lockright or aussie)

I need all the above installed, with ďaxles onĒ In other words, my wife drives it to where it needs to be, and drives it off when it is done.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out, please send me any info if you know someone or some shop that has the experience. Thanks in advance, Jeremy

jeremyalansmart @ yahoo.com (take out the spaces)
Old 03-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 109710
I'm going to cross this over to militaryjeepers, we've got a pretty decent sized group down in Texas.

Edit:
Already found someone to do the work for him.
$700 for the work, 2 days, and we've got a car his wife can borrow while the work's getting done. All the info's been forwarded on to Jeremy.

Last edited by Jeffb_79; 03-08-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Jeffb_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links