Pirate 4x4 banner

Liberty SAS

28K views 93 replies 36 participants last post by  Donkeykongohio 
#1 ·
Well, this is my KJ, bought from a guy in Wilmington, NC. You guys may or may not know him. But it's been a beast since I've had her.
Has 10" Fox Coilovers in the front, 8" al springs in the rear.
SAS HP Dana 30 up front, chrysler 8.25 in the rear. 4:56 gears. Custom linked suspension, long arms, etc. 15" beadlock rims, and going to have brand new 36" iroks on it this week. More stuff but im too lazy lol.
**by the way, this is not a street queen. This thing is actually wheeled =P
Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#48 ·
The tires on the xj are 33-12.50-15's wild country mtx's i have those on my WJ and they work great.Do good on and offroad. And I already know, many people have stated that my kj isnt hardcore. but it does the job, and im grateful to have it, not many people get the chance to wheel and enjoy it. im not worried about competeing with anyone else.

btw the mtx's sell for 140$ each for 33's. so good prices too

"who cares if his rig is "hardcore". its crazy how many dicks on here just like to talk shit... i feel dumber after readin this thread its just a bunch of people talking shit
how many of ur guys' "hardcore" rigs have been in a magazine"
^^^
true that =P

#59 · (Edited)
Your Boggers.......

Are on backwards.:flipoff2: This thread is useless.
Not if he only goes in reverse! It's like rear steer, but for morons.

Well i didnt take it and hammer on it and rock crawl. Took it through some trails I have. Few hills climbs (similar to rocks due to the off camber situation on the certain hills) Tomorrow ill test it out on the rocks and see what we come up to. I believe im going to weld the gears to prevent those from breaking. And upgrade to chromoly axle shafts. My chances should be better right?
No.

You really need to sink into the shadows and do a ton of searching, reading, and learning before you post again. I was half on your side at the begining, but now it's blatant that you're a fuckstick.

#58 ·
Well i didnt take it and hammer on it and rock crawl. Took it through some trails I have. Few hills climbs (similar to rocks due to the off camber situation on the certain hills) Tomorrow ill test it out on the rocks and see what we come up to. I believe im going to weld the gears to prevent those from breaking. And upgrade to chromoly axle shafts. My chances should be better right?

#61 ·
bigger boggers doesnt make it cooler.

and wheres the tech? you just want to show off your tires?

wheres the build pics, shots of the suspension? what kind of steering does it have? come on. at least give us something.

not trying to bag it too much. i like the different approach. it just needs some tech in here.

#62 · (Edited)
The steering for it is a WJ steering box. Alot of the build info and pics are at

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/featuredvehicles/131_0909_2003_jeep_liberty/index.html

Now since then it has an aftermarket front bumper made by Low Range 4x4 out of Wilmington, NC.
The tires are going to be replaced with 36" tsl's. Not going to run the 38.5's. But it sure does look sexy with them on there =P

My ideas for axle swaps are a dana 44 in the front. ford 8.8 in the rear. Even after that, I probably will only go to 36" max tires to keep decent flex.

I'll have to cut the brackets off the axles i have and weld them to the new setup

I found both the dana 44 and ford 8.8 with 4:10 gears for 350-400$ for both.
Will upgrade the axles to chromoly. And may do 4:56 gears.

#70 ·
Take it down to Uwharrie (when it opens back up this year) and hit Kodak with those 38s. Let us know how it works out for you. by the way buy new brackets that can actually take abuse isntead of the (assuming, since you have yet to post any pics of the underside close enough to tell anything.) stock bracketry. I wripped my LCA's off the 30 with 33s under the ZJ not too mention blew a few shafts.

#72 ·
They should've not built them at all from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.