Pirate 4x4 banner

spring over

807 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Fudpucker 
#1 ·
I need to know how many people have there Rigs on a spring over system and how they like it. I own a cherokee and thinking about doing this for the plane cheapness of it. So if you can give me some pros and cons on it that would help me out with my choice. Thanks for any comments.

#2 ·
lots of guys do this. the only thing to think of is, it will be about a 6inch lift. and you will still need to lift the front. so just save some money and buy a kit (Rubicon Express makes an awesome kit 5.5in lift, i cant remember but i think the whole kit is just shy of $2'000. which is a pretty cheap kit for it capabilities) and with a kit you will get more flex then if you use the stock springs. a pro for doing it is the rear will ride almost like it is stalk but the front will ride however the kit rides.

#6 ·
No at least mine dosent the brackets that hold the leafs in the back are at a 45degree downwards. The leaf dose go over the axle, but im thinking of moving the bracket to a 45is over the axle.

What the hell are you talking about?? Are you talking about shackle angle?? I think you need to look around a learn a little more before you post. Spring over is a reference of where the spring sit on the axle, like stock yj's and cj's are spring under.

Wait, i just re-read your last post. Are you talking about having the shackle go up instead of down, like on fullsize chebbys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.