1year growing pains - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 152850
1year growing pains

Having a hard time sleeping the night before a big court date. I had just downloaded all my phone pics to my lap top so I threw this together. I am sure theres stuff missing but basicaly its the sumation of one year of growing pains on my yj. So here ya go.

http://s975.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow
mylilyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 156326
atleast give us more than a picture album......
bigandrich44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 152850
like I said it was late and threw it together since I had dumped all my phone pics earlier in day.

Started last spring with tube fenders and 4"sua cj lift springs(yea I know)
Bought a rack in michigan for 125 then sold for 350. bought a built dana 30 and took the chromo shafts and locrite. Histeer knuckle went to a bud for helping me install 8.8
Bought a yj that had been thew a couple pick overs already for 400. kept tail gate tcase and skid. traded hard top and doors for welding work gave sterring wheel to a friend then traded leftovers for the 8.8
Sye and shortened zj shaft and 8.8 went in with more upper shock relocater brakets.
Home fabbed rockers 3/16 broke to a 90* angle with oversized tube for kids to climb up and in on and help keep trees away from body.
Diff protection riddler up front from a buddy on 4bangerjp.com and bad apple fab on the 8.8.
Needed tre's so decided to upgrade to 1ton steering with dom links.
GTS from pirate 4x4 classifieds for 225 for protection and added clearance. Had my buddy push skid to rear with feet while I tightened down to help clear 8.8diff.(common issue)
Warn 8274 was a winter project. Put new db 4.6 hp motor and golf cart/marine solenoids. Got a steal on the cable and fairlead from a guy that bought new warn winch and went synthetic.
The intake was added for the most part to raise the level of intake as to try to prevent hydrolock(yjs have low intake level)

just a bit off the top of my head.

This years goal is cage work,488s locking rear, yj springs with f250 shock towers.
Then barring catastophy a 2nd yj project since the number of drivers liscenses in my home will increase when my teenager gets her liscence in a couple years..
Going simple and light on next rig. cage,gears,fender trimming an understatement
Old 03-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 152850
forgot bumpers. Found a guy on ebay that made bumpers drove 12hrs round trip and got em for 235. got tire swing on greatlakes 4x4.com for 100. was a four real/daystar cherokee swing. bit of fabbing and works great on my bumper. would like to upgard to clamp down style latch tho