Starting a project need help. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 135590
Starting a project need help.

Hi I am in need of a lift kit extremely bad. I have a 97 wrangler and I want a 3" suspension lift to be able to run 33's. I dont want to go too big because i dont have the money for a slip-yoke or CV. I have been looking at the Full Traction 3" economy lift but it doesnt come with much or the 3.5" RE short arm kit. If anyone in the Sacramento area has an old kit I will buy it. Also i was wondering about what rim size i should get? I was thinking 15" by 8 but i dont know. Give me some in put.

thanks

-Koulton
jeeptj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 87845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptj001 View Post
Hi I am in need of a lift kit extremely bad. I have a 97 wrangler and I want a 3" suspension lift to be able to run 33's. I dont want to go too big because i dont have the money for a slip-yoke or CV. I have been looking at the Full Traction 3" economy lift but it doesnt come with much or the 3.5" RE short arm kit. If anyone in the Sacramento area has an old kit I will buy it. Also i was wondering about what rim size i should get? I was thinking 15" by 8 but i dont know. Give me some in put.

thanks

-Koulton
just do a 2" bb and then save your pennies for a real one.
y2knole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Unleash the me.

Member # 113176
Just do a 2" budget boost with a 1" body lift. I bet you'll be into it all for less than $200 total, including shocks. There's no need to change any steering or suspension geometry that way and will get you on 33's no problem. You can run 32x11.50's on a 2" BB with no BL and never rub if your backspacing is right.

I myself prefer 15x8 steelies for my smaller rigs, but it's really up to your personal preference. ..Those are just the cheapest, and can be had for like $40 a pop.

PM Wayne Hartwig here on the board, he can get you good prices on all that and is a solid dude to work with.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say that there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
LucasFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Unleash the me.

Member # 113176
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2knole View Post
just do a 2" bb and then save your pennies for a real one.
I had to get up for a few minutes in the middle of my reply, otherwise I would have just x2'd yours.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say that there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
LucasFury is offline   Reply With Quote