T5 transmission questions - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 73547
T5 transmission questions

I pulled apart my spare T5 today to try and figure out why it wasn't turning and found a few things. One of the little yellow clips on the shift fork was torn off and was loose in the trans and also found the clutch gear to be chipped. Would it be worth it to replace these parts? I have a t4 in the jeep now that I could pull and use parts from if they were transfer right over. Also, how hard is to to completely disassemble and reassemble the gears to the point of replacing the clutch gear? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by CJ7Jeep187; 04-05-2011 at 06:11 PM.
CJ7Jeep187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 147657
Take it to the recylers for scrap price and find yourself a SM465 or a little more stout trans.. I blew my last one up just doig 65 down the highway no hill nothing of the sorts. Cost a shit load to rebuild and still isnt worth a damn. i am just waiting for it to blow again then Im doing an TF727
pages007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 5577
Quote:
Originally Posted by pages007 View Post
Take it to the recylers for scrap price and find yourself a SM465 or a little more stout trans.. I blew my last one up just doig 65 down the highway no hill nothing of the sorts. Cost a shit load to rebuild and still isnt worth a damn. i am just waiting for it to blow again then Im doing an TF727
What he said. I wouldn't waste money on gears to fix it... you should be able to find a used one that works for less money. That or put in a better tranny...T-5s suck.

HTH,
Jake