rear sway bar instead of anti wrap bar? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 43046
rear sway bar instead of anti wrap bar?

I know I read somewhere that most people do not worry about antiwrap bars in the front because of using sway bars in the front. I am running skyjacker monoleafs in my scrambler and I was told to run them as though they are are SOA and I will be pleased with them. I had an XJ that had 8" of lift with no axle wrap probs with sway bars hooked up that still flexed great off road. I know the leaf spring design was completely different even without takign into account the monoleaf, but I sill had no axle wrap prolems or wheel hop. What if I used the tech from this post http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761500 to build a rear sway bar that is designed correctly for my jeeps weight. Has anyone used a rear sway bar to counter act rear anti wrap? How has it worked. I like the idea because it will help road manners as well. Thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 161756
Sway bars don't restrict rotation of the axle, just flex. A sway bar won't stop wrap, unless the bushings are over tightened.