Pirate 4x4 banner

Rebuilding a XJ lift to fit 32's....

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rooney77 
#1 · (Edited)
While waiting on parts for my Dana 30, I am trying to plan the next stage. This XJ has roughly a 4-4.5" lift, its running 32's that don't rub. But its a combination of add a leafs, spacers, short arms, etc....it rides well, but if you use the quick disconnects, the front coils will pop free when you twist it up, and the add a leaf is installed so that its longer than the leaf above it. The main leaf is sagging over that shorter leaf pretty seriously. It got extended stainless lines already, too.

It looks like Rubicon Express is defunct, so whats the best way to get 4" of lift, but keep the flex and decent ride? The front should just be the matter of some 4-4.5" coils, but for the back? Should I get just a set of 4-4.5" leaf springs, or try like 3" springs and a set of shackles?

I rode in a XJ with a new 4.5" Rough County lift with full springs, and while it was not terrible, it could have rode better IMHO. :D

-Dredwolf

#2 ·
While waiting on parts for my Dana 30, I am trying to plan the next stage. This XJ has roughly a 4-4.5" lift, its running 32's that don't rub. But its a combination of add a leafs, spacers, short arms, etc....it rides well, but if you use the quick disconnects, the front coils will pop free when you twist it up, and the add a leaf is installed so that its longer than the leaf above it. The main leaf is sagging over that shorter leaf pretty seriously. It got extended stainless lines already, too.

It looks like Rubicon Express is defunct, so whats the best way to get 4" of lift, but keep the flex and decent ride? The front should just be the matter of some 4-4.5" coils, but for the back? Should I get just a set of 4-4.5" leaf springs, or try like 3" springs and a set of shackles?

I rode in a XJ with a new 4.5" Rough County lift with full springs, and while it was not terrible, it could have rode better IMHO. :D
-Dredwolf
Well rough country is not known for their quality on any level. If I were you I would check out BDS or old man emu to see if they have a lift for your application. I'd try to buy a complete lift from one manufacturer so you are sure it's all engineered to work together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.