Should I:

• Not be an idiot and do it right, trim the bushing

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Just slap it on and call it a day

Votes: 4 28.6%

Poll: Rocker Install

785 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Malkey 
#1 ·
I'm about to install some rocker guards I got on Craigslist. I've read online that some people cut the bushing on the body mount to compensate for the added thickness of the rocker.

I'm hesitant to remove the bushing because it feels like the nut that receives the body mount bolt has broken free inside. It wedges against something so it can be tightened and loosened but I don't want to remove the bolt, have it turn sideways or something, and then not be able to reinsert the bolt.

#3 ·
I voted don't be an idiot, but more to the fact that if the bolt is broken, you might as well fix it while doing the rocker install. Do it right the first time or you have regrets later. Just my .02

#4 ·
I definitely want to fix it, I just don't know that I'll be able to get in there to make it happen. I'm on limited resources in a new town. As it is I'm using a block of wood on a jack to lift the body. I'm not proud of how sketchy I'm working right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.