Pirate 4x4 banner

Rear air shock relocation help

760 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  downsideup 
#1 ·
Hi All, I need to relocate my rear air shocks. I have shock hoops that I originally had the mounting tabs mounted just outside the hoop so that I could still get a bolt into the shock. BUT, Even though I articulated the rear suspension ( double triangulated 4 link) after I aired down and actually hit the rocks, The tires would rub at full flex. I need to mount the mounting tabs basicaly right in the middle of the hoop but can't as I won't be able to get a bolt in there. Can't go further in as the shock will hit gas tank. ( I already cut out the frame. ) Sorry for no pics at this point. I will try post one up after. Just wanted to get this out there as I am runnng out of time. Been scratching my head on this one for a few weeks now. If anyone has any ideas or pics of there set up, it may help my fabrication block. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Flatblack, Um ya I thought that was established in my original post, good eye. Luke, thanks for the input. I actually came up with a game plan of welding the shock tabs to a removable plate that way I can put the shock between the hoop but still be able to unbolt the whole assembly if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.