Pirate 4x4 banner

93 ax5 in a 95 yj

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wicked YJ 
#1 ·
Hi,
So I have this ax5 from a 93 wrangler that I want to put in my 95. I know I should go with the ax15 but the transmission was free and I am going to put the 5th gear collar on first and correct the oil in it.

Is there anyone that has done this swap? I think I will have to move the slave cylinder or something like that? I am not a very experienced wrencher so any advice is appreciated.

thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. Do you have any insight about replacing the transmission that wouldn't be obvious from the FSM that I just ordered? Going to try to get this done over a weekend before the trans seizes up and breaks the engine or something like that.

#4 ·
Be ready to do a clutch and pilot/throwout bearings (maybe flywheel) while you are in there. There won't be an easier time.

Have ATF fluid handy to refill what you spill out of the t-case, I think the fill plug is 1 3/16".

Pay attention to the 4 vacuum line locations on the switch on top of the tranny when you remove them.

Have plenty of beer handy :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.