#1 ·
I 've got a couple of questions for you guys.Here's what I have for parts :

85 CJ7
350 motor
700R4 transmission
Dana 300 Tranfer case

I'm using Novak trans to transfer case adapter and engine mounts

Questions

1.My front drive shaft is going to hit the transmission,how do I stop that?

2.The passenger side engine mount hits the bump stop for the axle, is that correct?

Thanks for any help

#3 ·
what's your vehicle?
What axles are you running?

I've got a d300 and a 4L60E (very similar to the 700R4) with a dana 60 front axle. I avoid hitting the tranny pan with my driveshaft by using the stock jeep diameter super spindly 1.25" OD driveshaft, and offsetting the drivetrain a bit.

#4 ·
you probably dont want to hear answer to question #1

#1-Dont use a 700, they suck, to long,no need for overdrive in a cj, to wide on the pass side,etc,etc use a 350 and save yourself a lot of headaches, you still need to offset engine to the drivers side about 2".

#2-cut frame bumpstop off and throw into your neigbors back yard, LOL.

#6 ·
they have the lowest first gear of all the autos, and are pretty strong if you stick to the post 87 era units. I had this same setup in my cj7 for a few years (i flipped the 300 when i went to a ford 60 front). You must use a 1.25" diameter front shaft. tom woods made the front shaft for mine, he used either .188 or .250 wall. it held up to a ton of abuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.