Pirate 4x4 banner

CJ-7 swapped to FJ80 axles, brake issues.

889 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  crashnzuk 
#1 · (Edited)
Got an CJ, all of the body/frame componets are AMC. The calipers slave cylinders are toyota. I tried to replace my master cylinder and have run into about 6 hours worth of trouble.

New parts
Master cylinder
All new stainless hard lines
All new rubber lines

My issue is that I cannot get the rear brakes to bleed. There is just nothing coming out of the bleeders, which are also new/clean. I have good fluid coming out of the master, so I suspected the proportioning valve. With the pin held in and out, no difference was made. I tried blowing air through the line from the MC with the bleeders removed, no luck. I removed the line from the rear of the proportioning valve and got good flow through it, when the brakes were pumped there seemed to be a very adequate amount of fluid coming out so the valve appears to not be my problem. I loosened a line at the T on the rear axle, and I don't get a drop :confused: The line is new, no kinks, the rubber line is also new. Air blows through them freely. What say pirate?
________
CANNABIS SEEDS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.