Pirate 4x4 banner

Reverse lights no worky?

960 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Malkey 
#1 ·
I just picked up a set of these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140496072142&viewitem=#ht_3026wt_808

and did a quick test job wiring everything up. Tail lights, brake lights, blinking, they did everything they are supposed to. . . except light up in reverse.

Try not to flame me to hard, but does the Jeep actually have to be running for the tail lights to work? I had turned the key forward to the on position to the the blinkers and everything to work. When I put the shifter in reverse though, I got nothing. I can't start it right now because it's buried in the garage in pieces, plus it's late and I'd piss of the guy who lives over the garage.

If indeed I did wire it right, (cmon, it's a wire and a ground, am I that incompetent?) is there any other reason it wouldn't work other than it not running? Is there any weird voltage thing with LED reverse lights I missed?

#9 ·
That looks legit! I assume the white wires are ground??

I'm wondering if you need to wire a diode in...?
Also, this may sound silly but the original lamp had an internal ground for the lights and there may not be a proper bridge between the two.

Meaning:
The OG lights had three wires-and you now have four. In the pic your plug only uses one of the black wires- and on your plugs, one specifically says "reverse".

I'm running the standard trailer light and I have an "extra" wire from my three wire loom just for reverse( that I'm not using )

My guess looking at your pics is the fuse is fine??

#10 ·
x2 about the key needing to be in at least the "on" postion. Jeep doesn't have to be started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.