Pirate 4x4 banner

94 XJ mod question

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CTeunuch 
#1 ·
I have a 94 Cherokee 4 door. It was bone stock when I got it.

15" steelies
33" tires
6.5" 3 link long arm
SYE
8.8 rear end
locrite front and rear
4.88 gears
Up graded cross over steering with 1 ton joints
up graded track bar and custom brackets
Cup holder
Spares for front and rear axles
New shocks and mounts
Wheel spacers

So what do I do next? Got to do this smart. Funds are limited and dont want to do any back peddling. This is a moderate trail rig for the family but I want to make it as "Bullet proof" as possible. Oh and my girl drives it to work daily
Idea was to do frame stiffeners then rocker gaurds then bumpers then Full internal/exo cage. Is this wise or am I mising something? Flame on if you like new to XJ's

See less See more
#3 ·
You need to wheel it more. I'm not saying you need to do the hardest trails, but you need to get out there more if you don't know what to do from here with all of those mods.

Rock rails would be nice, so that you don't beat up your rocker panels.

If this is a DD, then I'm going to say that you don't need a cage because you shouldn't be putting yourslf in sitution of a roll-over if you need to drive it to work on Monday morning.

E

#4 ·
Stiffeners, then some rocker cut-outs. It's made a huge difference on my XJ by keeping me from getting hung up, and making it so I don't have to worry about damaging much underneath. With 6.5" of lift and 4.88's you should jump up to 35's or 36's, but be ready to break some shafts. Internal+external cage is excessive, you're just adding weight at that point. Personally I hate the look of most exo's, so if you can cram it in a cage is great for peace of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.