Pirate 4x4 banner

Line Lock install question

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  robertd 
#1 · (Edited)
I installed a Biondo Racing electronic line lock on my 2000 TJ. (Vanco hydro boost with a 78 Corvette master cyl) I installed it on the front brakes. I put the lock between the master and the proportioning valve. I bled all 4 calipers and got good flow with no air bubbles.

Here is what is going on. When I press the brake pedal, the brake light flashed for a second then goes off and the brake pedal is slow to return. I bled the brakes again, and the problem is still going on. I was listening to the line lock as the pedal returned after being pressed and I can here the fluid trying to return. It sounds like bubbling fluid as it trys to return to the master cylinder??????

There are no fluid leaks and the brakes seem to work normal and the line lock also works normal....

Any ideas on the slow pedal return, sound of fluid returning to the master in the line lock, and the flashing of the brake light when the pedal is pressed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brand Biondo Racing
Manufacturer's Part Number LL
Part Type Line Locks
Product Line Sam Biondo Line Locks
Summit Racing Part Number SBR-LL

Line Lock Finish Zinc
Line Lock Material Steel
Switches Included No
Indicator Light Included No
Fuse Included No
Fittings Included No
Tubing Included No
Line Lock Inlet Quantity One
Inlet Attachment Female threads
Inlet Size 1/8 in. NPT
Line Lock Outlet Quantity One
Outlet Attachment Female threads
Outlet Size 1/8 in. NPT
Quantity Sold individually.

See less See more
#3 ·
Is your rig a TJ and did you install it between the master cal and the proportioning valve. Tried two locks and both restricted return flow. Lock is installed in the direction per the manufacturer, so unless they are wrong, the lock doesn't like my setup. Removed lock and went back to my hard lune. Brakes and P valve work fine...

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
Checked the lines when I removed the lock to put back my original hard line. I checked the lines I used for the lock and they were good with no crimps or restrictions...Can't screw up the electronic connection. Either line can be used as power or ground. The line lock worked fine when I activated it. The return flow after letting off the pressure on the pedal was the major issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.