Pirate 4x4 banner

Body armor is off???

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mrblaine 
#1 ·
I received some body armor from a vendor on here. Has anybody ever had an issues with any body armor being "off". IE, it appears that there is a 1/8" inch gap between the armor and the tub right at the rear of the tub where it begins to round.

do yall have any fixes for this or any or any ideas of how to get it to fit perfectly? They have linex on them at this point so sending them back is not an option i guess : (

Maybe a BFA??

#5 ·
That's right, that's close.

Use a good quality automotive seem sealer at the top/sides only. Be cautious of some silicones (house?) as they can eat paint and cause more problems for a car. If it's not labled "automotive use" I wouldnt use it.

I am sure you can find a seem sealer to "match" the color of your Bedliner material.

That way water won't get trapped.

No one but you will ever know. and really an 1/8"? it's not a big deal.

#4 ·
If you mean there is a gap because the radius of the tub and the inside of the corner armor don't match perfectly, then take some good large clamps and clamp the corner tight at the apex of the radius. That will tighten it up to a perfect fit.

Metal pulls differently when it's hit with the press brake. We have some of the best fitting corners in the business because we custom built our own press brake dies to get a perfect match to the corner radius and still depending on the mill run of material, sometimes the radius is just ever so slightly different.

If it's too short at the tail gate opening, walk the corner around and clamp it in place and then clamp it progressively towards the door opening and you can usually even them right up. If the issue is at the door opening, clamp it correctly there and move back towards the corner with clamps.

You'd be surprised and how much you can change with the right application of enough good clamps. I use the large Vise Grip style with swivel pads.

#9 ·
If you don't have clamps, use a ratchet strap from the door opening to the tailgate. We used to live in an apartment so I had no tools so we did that on a buddy's jeep.

#12 ·
well...it was a little more then a 1/8th off - but i used some good clamps, tighten down, then clamp some more, tighten down etc...its better then it was before, but not perfect. The left side is great, but that right side...i had planned on using seam sealer, but that gap was a little to much for it - not anymore though.

I throw up some pics later tonight or tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.