Pirate 4x4 banner

newb XJ guy to the boards!

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  builtnotbought89' 
#1 ·
Hey all, just checking in. The name is Ryan been spending most of my time on cherokeeforum, but thought its time to broaden my hardcore skills in the sport, & this board seems to have more of what I'm looking for! I've heard how people roll on this board, but I got tough skin! I'll be lurking...

Drive train
*4.0L, AW4, 231J (swapped from 242J)
*HP Dana 30; 4.56 USA gears, upgraded late model shafts, riddler diff cover, & all seals/bearings replaced.
*Chrysler 8.25 29 spline; 4.56 USA gears, Aussie locked, Yukon shafts, riddler diff cover, & seals/bearings replaced.

The list
Rubicon express short arm 3", & teraflex 2" bb (pucks & shackles)
RE quick disco's
35x12.5x15 wrangler MTRs
Procomp series 98 15x8 steelies
Procomp es3000 shocks
Procomp steering stabilizer
Detours backbone (front winch bumper)
Detours tailbone (rear bumper/swing out tire carrier)
Home brewed sliders
XRC8 winch
Home brewed cool air/forced air intake
No a/c (converting to OBA)
T-case skid, Gas tank skid
Home brewed steering box brace
Chopped fenders/"comp cut quarter panels"
Home brewed quarter panel upper guards (in the middle of fabing)
Home brewed quick disco mud flaps
Late model headliner w/sound bar
Cup holders
Push button start
Cobra CB

Future mods
Lock the front
ZJ rear disc swap
WJ steering & brake swap
Reinforce the frame
Cage the inside
Chop the top...

Advise/info on upgrades welcome.
Either I can't post pics or I'm a total idiot!?!?

See less See more
#7 ·
Vs opening up a whole new thread I'll ask it here. I'm wanting to do the WJ hub/steering swap, cause I want the high steer, bigger rotors, & dual piston coalipers! Eventually the steering will be beefed up to some DOM with hiems or 1 ton TRE's.

So my question is has anyone done a steering setup like this on the WJ or its hubs, or have a link to some information on the WJ subject???

#10 ·
You said you have tough skin so grab your balls and hang on....

First of all my guess is you didnt think for a second to read the fucking mission statement. That would be the VERY FIRST post that is ALWAYS there entitled "READ BEFORE POSTING".

Had you in fact read that, you should have quickly realized that your shitball rig on factory axles has no place in this forum.

If you wanna play with the big boys, then your "Future Mod" list should look similar to this....

3-link front
14/60 combo
231/300 doubler
chopped
caged
37's or bigger.

Read the mission statement.

Dont get me wrong....you have a nice rig. But its absolutly NOT hardcore. This forum is hardcore ONLY!

Go fuck yourself. Welcome to Pirate.

#11 ·
Nice! your 100% correct I didn't read the BS when signing up! I guess I'm not HARDCORE YET, but I'm also still a pup in this sport, & have built or bought & installed every thing on this POS! I'll get the info 1 way or the other, so look at it this way pops when your ass retires from the "hardcore" to a nice little 2" lifted JK. I'll be taking your place on the buggy trails!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :flipoff2:

#14 ·
this should be moved to non hardcore really, this is the hardcore cherokee area and is getting cluttered up with stuff like this thats all. i dont think my cherokee is a hardcore build and it has 3/4t axles linked f/r plated unibody, will have 37s. like the guy above said hardcore is pretty much 1 tons and doublers at least

#15 ·
#16 ·
My bad! MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO NON HARDCORE

I have all the info on the XJ to WJ swap. I'm just wondering how hard it would be to upgrade the WJ steering to 1 ton TRE's or hiems like they drill out on the d44s?

Thanks for putting me in my place guys. I know how it is dealing with noobs from CF!:mad3::mad3::mad3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.