Pirate 4x4 banner

johnny joint

758 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hiliftedjeep 
#1 ·
what size of johnny joints should i use? i got a 2001 wrangler with a short arm fixing to upgrade big time. I'm just wondering want sizes to get

#2 ·
I bought the 1.25" shank, 2.63" joint ones a while back.

I did the same for uppers and lowers cause theres not much cost difference between the big ones and smaller ones. Im going to run 2" 1/4 wall lowers and 1/75 .122 wall upper links. I ordered bungs and jam nuts from ruff-stuff.

got the joints from summit. cheapest I found, and arrived at my door in < 48 hours from the moment I clicked 'confirm' on my order.

#3 · (Edited)
You didn't mention if you're sticking with the OEM frame/axle mounts or not. If so, the upper mounts will require the smaller 2" mounting width JJ. For the lowers, you can use either the 1" or 1.25" shank 2.625" mounting width JJ. It's my understanding that the 1" shank joints are backordered. I just ordered a couple 1.25's from Poly Performance so I know those are in stock. If you're ditching the OEM mounts, you might as well just go with 1.25's all around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.