Pirate 4x4 banner

06 electrical problems...

756 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  mcannon111 
#1 ·
okay i have a 06 wrangler x with the 4.0 and 6 speed tranny.

1. break lights wont work, all wired up correctly and everything. they will light up when i turn on my head lights
2. flashers and hazards wont work... and when i went to replace the "heavy duty electronic flasher" (the relay thing or whatever that is behind the steering wheel) it smoked up a storm.

i'm guessing all these problems are related because flashers, break lights, and blinkers all are inter connected to making the break lights light up more or less.

needless to say this is a PITA

#5 ·
yep damn auto correct.

start checking fuses under the hood.

back in the day no one had a fix for the fast flash on my 03 when i went to LED's so i went to the parts store and started trying every flasher they had.

ended with the same issue as you nothing would work as one of the fuses uner the hood blew. i cant remember which one nor can i look as i no longer have any stock wiring.

#7 ·
yeah fuse 1 is good, but i noticed i had a blown MFSW (i think thats multifunction switch) if thats blown would it cause the whole thing to fry when i hit my flashers?

i think my turn signal switch is out also.

and i'm still running stock taillights, just the guy before me went crazy on this jeep, like it is seriously the crappiest looking 06 you will ever see

#8 ·
actually i'm almost positive its my turn signal switch shorting everything out when i hit the hazards, and the turn signals do not work. I checked every other spot for shorts on the whole car and could not find anything at all. so i'm really hoping that by buying a new relay, replacing that fuse, and buying a new switch it will be ready to go soon.

#9 ·
yeah just be careful doing "trouble shooting by transplanting" you can end up burning out more, and more, and more. starts getting expensive:eek:

did they ever work then when you got it?

check the lights too, by pysically removing and inspecting, and check for short across, and to ground.

then move from there to the MFSW, then to fuse block(slim chance the fuse block is bad) and make sure to measure across the fuse, not just look at it.

do this along you wire loom too- yes you may have to pull some of it apart b/c the the PO may have made a shitty repair somewhere.

i apologize for expplaining everything like you are 9 but i dont have the full story incl any backround problems etc:homer:

you might be 100% about yer switch, just sayin be careful. good luck!

keep us up to date

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.