Pirate 4x4 banner

94 ZJ T case woes

614 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ashmanjeepXJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Had this pig for about 5 yrs, off and on the last couple the info center said "check 4wd switch" and various other door,light alarms, all bogus. So I unhooked that POS.

Uneventful until a month ago. Seemed tighter in driving. Checked T case fluid, was 1/2 full and not burned. Topped it off and 2 weeks later I get some slippage after applying gas after coast. Did that maybe 3 times in 2 weeks.
No other problem until I hit a RR track and it popped out of 4H (is limited with 5.2L).

No biggie, figured linkage issue due to wear and lift.

Popped out 3 times on way home from work Wed and early Thurs AM cops come knockin'........yup rolled out of driveway. Would NOT go into 4H, shifter moved fine.

Put in 4L and got it up in the drive, won't shift out of it now, and linkage is OK, shaft rotates from shifter movement. Can't get into N either.

So what does the group think nuked?

Guess it's time for a 231. What donors will work/what do I need (besides a case of beer) ? I live within 1.5 mile of work and am in town so I can limp it until I get a T case.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
bummer

i dont know 100% but i believe you broke a fork. replacing them isnt hard but while you have the case cracked open it would not hurt to replace bearings and chain exc. finding a used t-case for cheap should be easy. out of another 5.2l zj.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.